Stak Scaffold Ltd
Working at a height can be challenging and daunting. This is not at all similar to working on the ground. The risks will become 50%-70% higher. There are scaffolding structures specially designed and manufactured for executing such jobs, but risks are still there.
This is why the UK Government comes with certain scaffolding regulations to manage this kind of operations and ensure the safety of workers who need to work in this situation.
Falling from height is a leading cause of death and injuries for construction workers. Hence, it becomes imperative to follow proper procedures while working on scaffolding at height.
- In case you have to put up scaffolding at your site, you must use a licensed builder or scaffolding contractor who has proper training and efficiency for this industry.
- Your responsibility is to ensure that your builder or scaffolding contractor has a proper license and legal documents to approach your industry.
- It would be best if you asked your local council to get a list of approved scaffolding contractors in your area.
- You should arrange proper training for your workers who will be using the scaffolding structures and make them aware of the potential hazards.
- In case you cannot arrange a training session, take the help of your scaffolding contractor to ensure safety.
Instructions to Use Scaffolding
- You should give your workers thorough instructions regarding the correct use of scaffolding. They should know when and how to use safety harnesses. Your workers must understand how to keep themselves and others safe while working at a certain height. They should also be aware of the weight restrictions the scaffolding might have.
- A clear idea about different types of scaffolding, their proper use, safety measures and mechanism will help them to stay confident and safe during their duty hours.
At Stak Scaffold Ltd provides affordable and reliable scaffolding services in London for both commercial and domestic projects. We have highly trained and experienced experts who can help you in maintaining the safety regulations.
Please get in touch with us to know more about our services.