Stak Scaffold Ltd
Most of the scaffolding regulations in the UK boil down to a single requirement – safety. There are specific rules and regulations that one needs to follow and timely inspections to guarantee scaffolding safety. Moreover, since scaffolding accidents continue to happen, an inspection of safety during scaffold installing and assembling is mandatory. Consult the reputable manufacturer and scaffolder in Kent for guaranteed product and services.
Scaffolding Planning Regulations
The state’s planning procedure usually involves lots of work; however, the scaffolding contractors must have this information set for safe design.
- Data about the site location
- Information on the building structure where they will use the scaffolding
- Time and duration of the project
- The purpose of the scaffold
- Other special requirements
- Kind of scaffold access
- Estimate number of boarded lifts
- Maximum load per lift
- Condition of the ground
- Necessary restrictions, if any
Given all these details, the contractors can now provide specific information to the user/client about the scaffold design and regulations which they have to adhere to-
- The type of scaffold
- Maximum lift heights
- Maximum leg loads
- Maximum lift heights
- Arrangement for platform boarding
- The safe working load
- Details of other unique requirements
- Date, reference number, date etc. to record the procedure
What is Scaffolding Inspection?
A competent and trained person who has proper knowledge and experience in this field of work must execute the inspection of scaffolding structures. They must have expertise in examining all types and complexities of structure. In most cases, scaffolding inspections are a part of the service provided by scaffold manufacturing companies. Otherwise, some independent inspectors and or professionals perform this job.
These professionals ensure that the scaffolding structure is safe, stable and secure. There are initial stages of the inspection followed by weekly ones to check for faults. Complete scaffold evaluations are also a must after storms or other severe weather conditions.
The comprehensive report will include the following details –
- Name and address of the client who hired the scaffolding
- Name, the position of the in-charge inspector
- Time and date of inspection
- The location where the inspection happened
- Detailed report of risks and hazards, faults and how to resolve them instantly
- Notice of any further action like halting work until after they do proper repairs etc
Who can carry out Scaffolding Inspection?
This is an essential service to ensure the complete safety of the scaffold structure that you will use. Consult independent inspectors whose job is to execute this task after scaffolding installation is complete. These inspectors will charge additional fees for this task.
On the other hand, some companies provide inspection as part of the total service of the scaffolding work. The team members will carry out inspections which will save you the expense of additional costs.
Check whether these inspectors have undergone the CISRS scaffold inspection course to acquire competency for examining scaffold structures. For complex commercial scaffolds, hiring a CISRS advanced cardholder is necessary.
For more information, consult Stak Scaffold for assured, high-quality professional scaffolding structure.